Tuesday, May 7, 2013

When Daddy Comes Home


Everyone has their own traditions for Daddy or Mommy's big arrival home from work. Or maybe you don't and are looking to start some of your own! For us it is typically just a big hug at the door and we move on to all the rest of what the evening brings: dinner, bath time, cleaning. I am not one to let Eric sit around after work... I'm the mean Mom. But today the sun was shining and our new back patio is so inviting. Plus, I was feeling extra "happy" from my last post, so I decided to prepare a little daddy-daughter snack time.


Sometimes the activities that bring the most joy are the most simple. Our darling neighbor brought these sweet handmade cookies over and they were the perfect snack to occupy these two friends for a couple of minutes.



I love to let these two have one-on-one time together because it is usually Mom doing the chatting. I could hear a lot of little giggles coming from the kitchen door and I was able to do a little bit of unpacking while enjoying this picture perfect scene.

What are your coming home from work traditions? Please share!

8 comments:

  1. This is so adorable. I love that you do this.... My dad's "coming home from work" tradition was to tickle us until we screamed! We loved it....and dreaded it. haha. I think he wished we were boys so we could rough house ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy,
      I bet you guys knew how to rough house pretty well. I think Eric will be destined to have girls too. I think the dads secretly love it though. They have a soft spot for their daughters. :)
      xo Darien

      Delete
  2. So cute!!!! I love the patio and furniture! I keep Collin busy when he gets home too...but I agree that there's nothing better than seeing him spending some good quality time with Freddie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikkie,
      Thanks! Glad to hear I'm not the only one putting my husband to work. You guys seem to always be up to something fun and Collin and Freddie seem to be such fun little buddies!
      xo Darien

      Delete
  3. This is adorable! I love reading your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margot,
      Thanks! And thanks for reading. :)
      xo Darien

      Delete
  4. Our current come home from work tradition is that the boys (ABe and Gabriel) wait at the window for their dad. Jordan would stop on the doorstep to untie his shoes, or build suspense? And then he'd come in. Immediately everyone would pile on top of him when he'd sit on the bottom of the stairs, including me. And he always pretends to be smothered and we'd all laugh and Abe would howl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie,
      I always love a good tickle fest! Sounds like a riot, especially with Abe.
      xo Darien

      Delete