Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Bubbles


Activities don't get much more straightforward than this one: Bubbles. Hours of happiness. Here's how I use bubbles as my emergency, back-up, when all else fails, I need to get something done toy.


When we can avoid using our car, we will. Walking is my favorite activity, but now that I have a little mover it is getting harder to keep her contained to the stroller on our walks. You may have the same difficulty if you are a runner and you just need your child to stay in the stroller for 30 minutes or more, but want to give them a break every once in a while. On this trip we were headed to the grocery store to pick up diapers, bananas and laundry detergent. You think the girl would be a little happier since the trip was mostly for her.


That's where bubbles come in! They are my go-to "toy" in my diaper bag. When grumpy face is sick of the stroller after a long (or short, in our case) errand, you can easily pull over just about anywhere: grass, cement, bus stop. Pull out the bubbles and suddenly that patch of grass becomes the greatest playground ever.

I credit this simple, yet brilliant idea to Seattle moms. I swear every mom at the playground or park has a bottle of bubbles in her purse. They are always the most popular moms around too. Do it: stash some emergency bubbles in your diaper bag. It will up your game with the kids, wherever you go. You can even find mini tubes of bubbles that are the size of a pen to stick in and refill. I see moms carrying them around all the time, but have yet to find them in stores. If you know where they are, please share. I will update this post once I find them!

FOUND! My dear friend Amy found these pen size bubble bottles at OrientalTrading.com. Thanks friend!


Oh, and Audette likes snacks just as much as she likes bubbles. We always seem to find some snack on sale when we stop by the grocery store. Goldfish and bubbles seemed appropriate.


P.S. Excuse the lack of pictures. I had a hard time blowing bubbles while simultaneously taking iPhone photos. I am sure I looked ridiculous. The grass was also soaking, so I ended up with a very wet behind and knees in my valiant effort to document our bubble fun. But who cares, we were at the lawn under the Space Needle, so it was only tourists laughing at me.

1 comment:

  1. woohoo! I'm a lover of all playtime finds....even if I still use them myself as an adult! :)

    ReplyDelete