Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pajama Play


Let me preface this post by saying you may choose to do this activity at a different time of day. We choose to do it at the WORST, bed time. The only benefit is that Audi gets a little tipsy at this time of day, so we get a good laugh as she attempts her new tricks.


I recently visited a good friend of mine, Jesica, and her two little girls. While we were playing she started doing somersaults with her little ones. Her youngest is only a couple weeks older than Audette and it had me thinking we should try our own little gymnastics session. Pretty soon Audi was rolling all over the place. The more we practiced, the more aware she was of her body. We would say "put your head down" or "your hands down" and she would follow. We don't quite have the over the top somersault mastered, she mostly just rolls on her side when she is trying all by herself. I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before she is rolling all over the place on her own.




And I know I said bedtime isn't a good time for somersaults, but I don't know what it is about pajamas and silly babies drunken with tiredness, but somersaults just come out better for us when everyone is all giggles.

2 comments:

  1. What fun ideas! Soren isn't quite old enough to benefit from your fun activities, but I'll store these away until we're ready in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley,
      Soren is such a darling little guy! I hope some of these ideas help down the road and I would love to hear what fun go to activities you guys use these days. I am sure moms would love to see activities that all ages can benefit from. Plus, it's always nice to keep a scrolling list of ideas because we will be doing the baby thing again one of these days!
      I love seeing what you and your cute family are up to. Miss you!
      xo Darien

      Delete