Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Daddy Plays Best


There is something special about a dad. Some of our best activities for the day start when we decide to pick Dad up from work and go find a new place to explore. Today we went to one of our favorite beaches, Discovery Beach.



Whether it is picking blades of grass, making silly faces or throwing rocks in the water, Eric brings a new sense of adventure to our daily play. I like to sit back and watch them interact together, especially because she gets plenty of play time with me every day. He has a way of reaching Audi in ways that I can't.


It is a small miracle how quickly little ones learn. Audette loves to mimic her dad and in no time she was throwing rocks in to the water, or plopping them in. We also took home a couple new treasures. I tried to steer Audette towards the seashells, but this girl has a mind of her own and just wanted to take home fists full of dirt.




Being a Mom and Dad team can be tough. Eric and I are learning every day how to work better together. I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the number of times each of us thought we knew the best way to raise Audette. We're pretty stubborn people and I am the biggest culprit. But it's moments like these that I remember how important it is we act, teach, play and love Audette together. Everything that I am not, Eric is. I really love this man, this father.

4 comments:

  1. I totally get the feeling... I love watching Jordan with Gabriel. It's not that we are "boring," it's just that all day is a long time to be "super-fun" all the time. I love it when Jordan gets home because I feel like I get my second wind. And they just play in a different way.

    Loving the blog! Keep it coming. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie,
      You nailed it! This is my time to get my second wind too. Nothing gets you more ready for play time than watching your favorite kiddos run around together. :) I hate missing out on any fun.
      xo Darien

      Delete
  2. I feel the same way too. The highlight of my day is watching Adam and G together. I feel inspired with new ways to make G smile and laugh after i see them together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LeDawn,
      I would love to see your darling family play together! When we visit Idaho we will be sure to let you know so we can have a play date with our little ones.
      xo Darien

      Delete