Sunday, April 28, 2013

Mommy's Mantra: Be Better Today and Tomorrow and the Next Day


A mantra is a sound, syllable, word or group of words that is considered capable of "creating transformation", according to the dictionary. The word originated in India and is an essential part of the Hindu tradition. I know this daily log of activities puts so much influence on being busy, but I wanted to take one day a week to focus on the real transformation we are striving for in our home, especially in my life. Every Sunday look for a new Mommy's Mantra.

This quote comes from Lorenzo Snow, a prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It reminds me that I shouldn't feel overwhelmed by the desire to be the best mom, the perfect wife, the ideal individual. In fact, it isn't about that at all. Life is all about striving to be better each day. In that effort I won't be disappointed, in that effort I will find happiness.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I really like this and will look forward to more Mama Mantras! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete