Friday, June 28, 2013

No Mess Finger Paint



This is AWESOME. I found this on the blog, Lovesome and fell in love with the idea instantly. Even if you aren't a clean freak, this can be such a great idea for kids who may still be in the "eating everything" phase or are just too little to get their fingers in on the fun. Here is what you need, but really, no reading necessary, the pictures speak for themselves.

  • Bottles of bright colored paint: I had some neon poster paint lying around and this worked perfectly.
  • Ziploc bags: I seriously don't know what I would do without Ziploc. I am trying to be more green in other aspects of my life, but the double lock guarantee and ease of use is just too great to give up. Plus they even have a user submitted tip section on their site. I'm a nerd, I know.
  • Fingers or popsicle sticks or feet or leaves... you can get creative.






Because this was our first time experimenting with the project, we decided to do it outside, but there was not one single spill! Granted, Audette still struggles with opening Ziploc bags, but the paint was so fascinating that she didn't even try to open them.





The activity didn't last for hours, but we played for at least 20 minutes. I will definitely go back to this one when we are looking for something fun and out of the ordinary, but don't have time to strip down for a bath or orchestrate a major clean up session. And my little secret: I ended up playing with the bags of paint for a long time after Audette went down for her nap that day. I love simple entertainment!

3 comments:

  1. I'm breaking the paint out right now at my moms house! This is such a fun idea. Where did you get the cute red table? I'm looking for one for the boys for our back yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steph,
      Did you end up trying this at your mom's house? What did you think? Did the boys like it? Audette thought it was pretty funny. Squishy paint.
      The table is from Home Depot. It is one you buy and assemble yourself and then I spray painted it red. We have matching chairs from Home Depot too. The little red chair for Audette was from the side of a barn that someone sold us for super cheap. It's a good thing my husband trusts me with a hammer and a sander to make our own backyard furniture. It was actually super simple to assemble.
      xo Darien

      Delete
  2. Oh, I am so trying this! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete